Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Sad Garfield

So these have been floating 'round the ol' internet for a few weeks now, but they are still funny. And way better than the Garfield Randomizer, which had more "weird" results than actual funny ones.

The concept started out as a thread on the Truth and Beauty Bombs forum ... home of a few excellent web comics, such as the mind-blowingly good Perry Bible Fellowship.

The poster on the message boards wondered, "What would Garfield be like if I removed all of Garfield's thought bubbles?"

The result is that, instead of having a dialogue with his sarcastic cat, Jon now just talks to a mute animal. It's depressing, surreal, and incredibly awkward. In other words, hysterical.





You can see the rest of the creations at the thread. But I'd hurry up before Jim Davis' lawyers make them take it down.

Enjoy.
that one guy you know, 8:47 PM | | | | | | | | |

2 Comments:

I never really found Garfield to be funny... until now.

However, I am still more of a Nermal fan than anything else.
Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:48 AM  
This works really nicely with select Dilberts, as well. Hell, it probably works equally well regardless of the cartoon. But, if you think about Dilbert, if you removed his speech bubbles he would become just an awkward observer of the crazy antics of his office mates. Kind of like me.

I would try this out sometime, but my photoshop skills are so lacking that I cannot even manage the simple task of whiting out text.
Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:11 PM  

Add a comment