Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Video Entertainment

Because video is now extremely easy to import into Blogger (I guess that's what going away for a year or two will do), here are some videos for you to enjoy.



First, Anderson Cooper, discovering the Japanese Lizard Show video that already appeared on the Colbert Report and on this very blog way back in November.

What Anderson loses in timeliness he makes up for with his enthusiastic use of telestrator. And his ability to totally dissect the video, explaining why it's funny and thus, surgically removing the funny from it.

Next up is a music video from a bizarro Swiss combo called "The Dead Brothers," who bill themselves as "the original funeral orchestra." They sound a little Tom Waits-ish, but still cool. And the video is weird and stylish in a way that can only be described as, well, weird and stylish.



A few simple Google searches reveal the band's record label, where you can pickup some of the guys' stuff, if you're so inclined. Since they're not on Amazon, I might be snagging one of these discs. I'd love to hear their take on "St. James Infirmary Blues," that's for sure.

And finally, some AOTS bits that I didn't directly produce, but really, really like.



First, "24: The Lost Minutes," starring the always-funny Jeff McFarland as frustrated superagent Jack Bauer.



Second is something that can only be described as a perfect storm - a brilliant combination in concept, writing, voice work, and animation ... that, of course, makes absolutely no sense. But I love it, and I hope it becomes a new franchise for us. Behold, "Schooled by Liam."

I'll have some stuff I did later on in the week, probably. If you can catch the show this week, watch out for "McGunner."

Until then, it's time to edit a new MySpace profile!

Labels:

that one guy you know, 9:42 PM | | | | | | | | |

2 Comments:

I like that band. It's amazing the different ways people can come together and make music.

I'm really into a band right now called Rocco DeLuca and the Burden. Maybe you've heard of them. Rocco plays a Dobro and I think that rocks.

They are not as crazy as your Swedish death band group though. Sorry.
Blogger Unknown, at 9:10 PM  
Not quite sure exactly what video you have access to, but I think I speak for a lot of people when I say I would love to see Brendan's interview with Bob Saget in it's entirety. The minute or two that was played on Monday's (I think) show was some quality TV.

Anyways, caught McGunner tonight. Looking forward to tomorrow's. Keep up the good work.
Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:21 PM  

Add a comment