Saturday, January 07, 2006

Media Weekend

I caught up with the silver screen this weekend to see two wildly different, yet equally enjoyable movies.

First up was "The Matador," which is an odd couple black comedy about a failing hitman and a failing salesman. While the plot is, in many ways, very traditional, the story and characters are interesting and the profession of assassin is treated with equal amounts of dark humor and actual menace. Also, Pierce Brosnan is hilarious. I didn't even know about this movie until very recently, so I don't know what kind of advertising it's getting - but it's well worth checking out.

The other movie I saw was "Brokeback Mountain," which you probably already know about.

It is excellent, excellent, excellent. One of the most visually beautiful and heart-wrenching movies I've seen in a very, very long time. Maybe that's just because I'm not usually one for dramas ... but damn. Go see it.

Tomorrow, it's Amoeba with Chris and then a 85% chance of buying a new guitar.
that one guy you know, 10:35 PM | | | | | | | | |

0 Comments:

Add a comment