Sunday, January 29, 2006

In the Mood for a MacGyver Spoof?

Hey, how about three of 'em?

It's just like the real MacGyver, except our MacGyver uses his powers to get out of doing work.

Episode One: The Written Word

Episode Two: A Meeting of the Minds

Episode Three: Only Time Will Tell


Our "PopoZao" take off is getting picked up all over, too. We're on BoingBoing today, and Salon mentioned us on Thursday's Audiophile post, calling us "sharp as a tack satirists."

Pass the song and video around if you can. It's really the only form of off-channel advertising we get. Also, it makes me smile. Even more than getting kudos from Salon.

And, in final work-related news, a caller picked up on my Pogues reference in Thursday's show, which briefly restored my faith in humanity.

That faith was then destroyed by "The Room," which I will devote more time to later on. Stay tuned.
that one guy you know, 9:17 PM | | | | | | | | |

4 Comments:

I love the McGunner sketches, my favorite is the one which features the clock. Marvelous.

Also, the Kevin Fedlerline spoof was awesome. The fact that you threw it together that morning proves two things:
1 The source material for the spoof(K-Fed's song) was probably put together in the same amount of time.
2. You guys are pretty sharp when it comes to satire and time management.

It rocked.
Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:43 PM  
I adore the McGunner sketches. They made what was an otherwise terrible week worth getting through. Plus, I've never really seen any MacGyver spoofs, so it was doubly cool for me.

"Muslos de Requeson" was hilarious. I'd love to see more music parodies.

I shared all four of these wonderful gems on my Livejournal.
Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:25 PM  
I still think my favorite part of the Cottage Cheese Thighs video is when you casually look up from the phone to say, "That is the fire." Excellent enunciation makes it even funnier.
Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:26 PM  
Oh, my god that is hilarious!

By the way, have you heard of the band DaVotchaKa? I'm not sure if they are well known, so I'm sorry if you and everyone else knows of them. I come from a family that stifled all artistic thought because it scared the shit out of my father, so I'm just now learning where to find the good indie bands.

Anyway, something tells me you'd really enjoy them. They have a myspace profile
www.myspace.com/devotchkamusic
I REALLY like "such a lovely thing." The way Nick Urata sings the line, "you only love me because I'm leaving" is amazing. He sounds so desperately hurt and whiny. I love it.
Blogger Unknown, at 8:27 PM  

Add a comment