Sunday, September 10, 2006

Incoming Hike

I just finished a very nice hike from Chantry Flats with Kevin and Luis, but Flickr's being all weird right now and it won't let me upload pics. Hopefully tonight.

Since you can't get the hiking fix I know you all love, I've instead added some great new sites to the ol' sidebar.

Hiking L.A. is a slick site, with a nice hiking tally on the side that I'm probably going to steal very soon. They're new L.A. hikers (like I was only a few months ago), and are sticking to the easier trails for now. But the reviews are entertaining and accurate, and the pictures are great.

Two-heeled Drive
has lots of great gear reviews, commentary, trail stories, and pictures.

And then there's Winehiker Witiculture. Which is a perfect combination of hiking and wine. But really, ANY combination of those two things would be perfect.

There's a link to a picture of hiking on Mt. Fuji that's making me slightly reconsider my plans to try it when I'm in Japan next week:


* from BlueYuki

I'll still probably try, though.

... and nope, Flickr's still down.
that one guy you know, 6:13 PM | | | | | | | | |

2 Comments:

Hey, thanks for linking to my site (and for calling it "slick")! You're more than welcome to steal my hiking tally. Consider it open-source.
Blogger iwriteplays, at 11:10 AM  
Mt. Fuji ? Try it now, but bring warm dress. This is about the end of the season and soon snow will start to fall. It is almost certain to be less crowded at this time. Bring tightly sealed gaiters to keep out the dust and pea sized lava... And yes, my toenail is starting to grow back after the adventure --- long story. - Grey
Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:00 PM  

Add a comment