Monday, September 25, 2006

Breakfast, Anthopology

I finally broke down and bought a McDonald’s breakfast today. 9AM and $4 got me some hotcakes and coffee. It was totally worth it, and I don’t care what anyone else thinks. I can’t deal with no breakfast. I just can’t.

If it makes you feel any better, I consider buying things from McDonald’s in Japan a Japanese experience. The portions are much smaller than the American ones, they delicately wrapped my coffee cup into its own paper bag, and the clerk actually took pride in doing a good job. All things completely foreign to American McDonald’s.

God bless you, globalization.




Shot Talisker Fernley bit in Harajuku. Chasing Japanese girls around while wearing a Pikachu Mask and tweed jacket was surprisingly fun. While walking through the streets, people acted like I was a legitimate mascot. Parents were pointing me out to their kids, people would yell out “Pika!” when they walked by, and everyone was completely willing to interact with me.

I think in the States, it’d take about 20 seconds before someone yelled out a slur, hopped into my shot and flipped off the camera.

The bit should be on air tomorrow. As for now, the jet lag has supremely caught up with me, so I'm turning in.

I slept about 14 hours last night. Yikes.

Labels:

that one guy you know, 9:51 PM | | | | | | | | |

1 Comments:

How did you not opt for a happy meal?
Blogger Hollywood, at 6:26 PM  

Add a comment