Saturday, November 18, 2006

Wii or Bust

As it's 9:35 PM on the launch night, guess which one I chose.

I carpooled to the Universal CityWalk by about 6PM, to find the line was already several hundred people long, and stretching ominously out into the CityWalk parking lot.

After some preliminary research, we discovered that Nintendo had more than enough Wiis to accommodate everyone in line, but that we wouldn't be able to get into the Nintendo Press area for an early swipe of the credit card.

So, faced with the prospect of sitting around outside until 4AM (which, admittedly, would be filled with multiplayer DS fun) or going home, sleeping, and getting out for a hike in the morning, I chose the hike.

Maybe it had something to do with the hundreds of dollars worth of hiking gear I picked up from REI earlier in the day. Or maybe it had to do with the fact that the Wii is supposed to be much more attainable than the PS3 anyway, and I'm supposed to just be able to walk into a Target and pick one up. Or, maybe it was the realization that I'm most likely not going to get time to actually play the damn thing until next week.

I'll get one when everyone calms down.

But the trip wasn't all bad. I did get to spend some quality time with my old pals Jon (#1 in line), and Ryan. And I got to ride the L.A. subway for the first time ever.

It was just as I expected it. Cavernous and desolate.
that one guy you know, 9:35 PM | | | | | | | | |

0 Comments:

Add a comment