Sunday, April 09, 2006

The Return of Flickr / New Hiking Record

Hey, remember Flickr? 'Cause I just did.

In response to people (mainly my mom) asking for a way to see pictures from my hikes, I've taken the leap to Flickr Pro and started uploading. If you scroll down a bit, you'll see five completely random pictures, selected and displayed for your viewing pleasure, using the magic of Google algorithms.

You can click through on that one to see some of my other photo sets, which I'll be updating gradually. Or if you're too lazy to scroll, check 'em out here.

Side note, I did an unbelievable hike near Boney Mountain today. I was up and out at 8:30, and didn't get home until around 4. I even did a little "off the official map" hiking, courtesy of LocalHikes. Right now, I can barely feel my legs, but it was amazing. More than I've ever hiked, too. I can't tell, as the maps I have don't have accurate trail measurements (and the whole off the map thing doesn't help, either), but I'm going to say low estimate 10 miles, probably around 12 total.

12 miles!

Jones is still the apartment overall distance winner, what with her multiple marathons. But for hiking, the title is mine!



BAM!

Labels:

that one guy you know, 7:52 PM | | | | | | | | |

0 Comments:

Add a comment