Monday, April 17, 2006

Easter Hike

Another Sunday, another hike. This time, back to Sandstone Peak / Moshe Mikwa, and ... with other people!

In an effort to placate my mother, who spends every Sunday telling me how I'm going to get mauled by a mountain lion or killed by some homeless street crazy ... who managed to hike miles into the wilderness on the sheer chance of attacking a hiker ... I picked up two friends from work.

It was Albert and Anthony's first time on the trail, and Anthony took all the pics here. Nice hike, even though it was a bit cloudy. The visibility from the Peak was great, though. We could see all the way from Santa Barbara, down to Catalina and Palos Verdes - with all the Channel Islands off the coast. My favorite part, though, was this very, very friendly Australian Shepherd who'd climbed to the top with her owner.


Dogs know when 'dog people' are around, and this one climbed over to me as soon as I made eye contact ... right before practically climbing into my lap. For a guy who misses his own dog and only gets to see him once or twice a year, it was a great Easter treat. Far better than even Cadbury Eggs.

But those are nice, too.

Labels:

that one guy you know, 8:32 PM | | | | | | | | |

0 Comments:

Add a comment