Wednesday, April 02, 2008

My Sinus Surgery - A Photojournal

Last Thursday, I had some sinus surgery. I want to be exact, so I'll describe it exactly as my surgeon did:

Endoscopic sinnostromy with treatment of bilateral maxillary and ethmoid sinuses, excision of left concha bullosum, septoplasty, and bilateral turbinate reduction.

Basically, my nose was all f'ed up, and I done went and got it fixed.


I won't get too into it, but everything you've read on the interwebs about septoplasty is a lie. I read so many horror stories going into this, but in reality, the surgery was simple, I never needed a painkiller during the post-op recovery, and even though my nose is still stuffed up with junk a week after the operation, I already can tell a difference. The only pain I felt during the entire thing was the one second injection of lidocaine before they hooked up my IV, and the cleaning process during the post-op appointment, which lasted all of ten seconds or so. Oh, and I couldn't eat peanut M&Ms for a few days.

But I did manage to get half of Battlestar season 2, all of season 3, and Razor in before season 4 kicks off, so it all works out in my favor.

Here's some pictures.


Immediately Following Surgery:



2 Days after Surgery:



4 Days After Surgery:



4 Days After Surgery, following post-op appointment:



1 Week After Surgery:




So yeah, nose is still blocked up with junk, and I'm not supposed to blow it at full force for a while. So that's all that's bothering me.

I can't wait to finally breathe like a normal person.
that one guy you know, 11:42 PM | | | | | | | | |

1 Comments:

Just cleaning out my google reader feeds, so this is very late, but best wishes on your recovery. You make it sound easy, but your pictures don't make it look all that comfortable. Hope your schnoz is breathing clear by now.
Blogger Test Blog, at 2:02 PM  

Add a comment