Friday, February 29, 2008

I Think I Want A Bike

Not a bad-ass motorcycle.

A bicycle.

And here's why:

1. Gas prices are going up.
2. I only live 2.7 miles from work.
3. Biking to work would start and end my day with exercise and fresh air.
4. It gives me even more irritating environmentalist cred.
5. I've been thinking about it for like 3 years, which is about the amount of time I usually need to make minor decisions.

Driving on the road still scares me a bit, but my route is 95% side streets. Any L.A. bikers want to throw their two cents in either way?
that one guy you know, 1:40 PM | | | | | | | | |

2 Comments:

I'm Dallas biker, and its a great idea. A buddy of mine got me started a while back and its not just the exercise, its fun. Its just fun to ride a bike. He does the full commute and wash up in the bathroom at work thing, I just ride for fun. I think I said fun too much.
Blogger Ryan English, at 2:58 PM  
Do it!

It's all downhill to work from where you live, so you will not need to shower when you get there.

Bikes are awesome. I'm going to start riding mine to work and that's 7.77 miles.

You love being able to put shit in other people's faces. ;)

Also, don't do side streets. They feel safer, but people roll through way more stop signs on side streets. If you ride on the main roads, they see you. Also, it will take less time cause you don't have to stop every other block.

And, not that you wouldn't, but check over the laws before you ride. you need a helmet and lights for certain. That's as far as i've gotten, so when you find some major law that I'm breaking, let me know.
Blogger Hollywood, at 4:56 PM  

Add a comment