Tuesday, April 17, 2007

I Am A Patron of the Arts

So I *finally* went to the I am 8 Bit art show today. After 2 years of missing it, I was able to sneak in for the opening, and had a great time.

Lots of friends from work and ex-work were there, including Jon "GameJew" Mann, whose site you should frequent.

The artwork was pretty incredible across the board. Lots of great stuff in all different styles, from your standard oils and inks to sculptures and an awesome diorama of a scene from Super Ghouls and Ghosts, rendered in Mexican Day of the Dead calaveras.

Here's some lame cell phone pics of some of the ones I was digging.













Oh, and that last one? It's called 'Clash of the Titans' by Andrew Wilson. And when the show closes in mid-May, that painting is living in my apartment.

It's my first step to High Society.

I assume.

Jeremy bought five. He's way classier than I am.

Labels:

that one guy you know, 9:45 PM | | | | | | | | |

1 Comments:

Good choice, the Zelda piece is awesome.
Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:39 PM  

Add a comment