Friday, January 19, 2007

Everyone is Trying to Get Me Back into WoW

Now that the expansion pack is out, everyone's been re-activating their accounts and firing up their old characters.

So far, I have resisted.

I spent a LOT of time in that game when it first came out, and I don't think I can or want to sink that much time into something like that again.

When I quit that game, I started hiking. I started writing again. I started going to the gym. I read more. I started the Modern Hiker.

But seeing everyone play again has me itching.

I walked past our 'game capture lab' today, and the place was like a freakin' opium den.

I must be strong!

... unless I'm overreacting. Is it even possible to play a game like that responsibly?

Labels:

that one guy you know, 11:16 PM | | | | | | | | |

5 Comments:

Don't do it, run from the darkness! Or you could have office Jesus smite them with the power of the iDAHO made iPhone - running on the power of Jobs.
Blogger Unknown, at 7:07 AM  
If anyone will say this to you Casey I will, I am proud of you for quitting, and support you in your desire to stay clean. My sister recently lost her job and is about to be thrown out of school due to that game and it's expansion. As much of a joke as it can be, it does seem to just suck good people to the depths.

Stay strong brother.

ARM
Blogger Unknown, at 6:30 PM  
Whats a War of Warcraft. Or World of Warcraft? I remember Warcraft i think from the 90s. did you have litte troll things killing humans or the other way round or something. Bring back Day of the Tenticle i say.
Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:01 PM  
Dude. Day of the Tentacle represent. One of the funniest games of all-time.
Blogger that one guy you know, at 4:21 PM  
"Bernard: Hey, Dr. Fred! We have to DO something!

Dr. Fred: What do you suggest, college boy? No diamond for the central unit, no power for the Chron-O-Johns, a mutant monster of my own creation roaming the countryside, taking over the world! It's a dark day for mad science.

Bernard: What if we unpollute the river?

Dr. Fred: I could just shut off my Sludge-O-Matic, but it is too late ...

Bernard: You have a machine whose sole function is producing toxic waste?

Dr. Fred: You can't have a high-tech laboratory like this and NOT spew poisonous filth! All the other mad scientists would laugh!"

I miss that game, if only lucasarts would stop making crappy star wars games and make a monkey island/tentacle crossover. "Look behind you, a three headed tentacle."
Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:47 PM  

Add a comment