Sunday, November 04, 2007

This Weekend's Activities

1. Dia de los Muertos celebration at Olvera Street, downtown. Amazing.

Got some good video of the procession and dancing. I still can't get over how much I love the art style, let alone how fascinated I am about the holiday itself. The video's a bit dark, but you can still make out most of the costumes.






2. Beat Portal.

What a great game. Awesome style, great universe, and actually really funny. The ending is quite satisfying, and the song you hear over the credits is great. (perhaps some spoilers below).



I also beat Bioshock last week. The game was pretty freaking amazing. The ending, I was a little disappointed in, but when the rest of the gameplay experience is filled with top-notch storytelling and an all-encompassing setting, it's hard to live up to the expectations, I guess. I'll be replaying this one later, after I work through all the other A-list titles coming out in the next two months.

It is a good time to love video games.

Unless, you know, you've got other stuff you want to get done in your life.

Labels:

that one guy you know, 9:49 PM | | | | | | | | |

1 Comments:

so what's next? assassin's creed? mario galaxy? mass effect?
MAGIC THE GATHERING??
Blogger nuns noise nooses, at 2:54 PM  

Add a comment