Friday, August 31, 2007

Times When I Miss New England

Now.

The Guild of Historic Interpreters announces its first “Cider and Song” event on Sunday, 16 September.

We will be having an artisan pressing cider, and we will be holding an “open mike” session (as it were) with musicians and songsters in the Hartwell Tavern taproom. [That’s in Minute Man National Historical Park, the battle road section.]

It’s a freewheeling end-of-season event, and if you have a flair for 18c song or if you have an 18c musical instrument, bring it along to ‘jam’ with us.

Planning of “Cider and Song” is unfolding as we speak. Event is likely to run from 10:30am to 4:00pm. [Please call the park in advance to confirm.]


(my bolding).

From the incredible blog Boston 1775.
that one guy you know, 7:21 PM | | | | | | | | |

2 Comments:

Oh my god. It's well known in historic interpreter circles that costumed interpreters are the most troubled of the bunch. I was once asked by a man dressed as 18th C. boston federalist Harrison Gray Otis if I "found ol' HGO sexually attractive."

Honestly, this sounds hardcore. I don't know if you would be prepared for it...i've been in seminars where people were brought to tears by jokes about Chippendale furniture.
Blogger Shayna, at 8:21 AM  
Your comment is only making me want to go more.

Also, I would give anything - ANYTHING - to have been there when you were hit on by a 18th century reenactor.

Seriously.
Blogger that one guy you know, at 10:08 AM  

Add a comment